In less than a month, I will be starting my treatment. Before that, there are a lot of preparation to do and things to get in order.
So far, we have:
- Booked the accomodation
- Payed the doctor and the hospital
- Booked the plane tickets
- Booked the rental car
In process is my pre treatment dental check up; I saw the dentist yesterday and he filled 2 cavities, I have to go back for number 3 soon.
Still to do:
- Buy my “necessities” – disinfectant, latex gloves, plastic bubble… things to keep me safe from the world.
- Go for liver function test – one of the medications I took (Sirdalud) can do a real number on the liver, so we need to check if there has been any damage done.
- Wrap things up at work, as I foresee a 4 month leave of absence.
- I also want to document my condition as it is now so that I will have a point of reference to compare it to.
Besides the couple of things still on my list, I am feeling excited and looking forward to Cape Town!